Understanding Sponsor Management Systems
Sponsor Management Systems (SMS) are designed to accomplish effective management of migrant workers, and students.
If you are a UK employer who has recruited non-EEA nationals for your workforce through a Tier 2 or 5 visa, or an education provider welcoming a student with a Tier 4 visa, you need an SMS to:
- Track and renew your company’s sponsor licence and services
- Create sponsorship certificates for your migrant workers
- Put together confirmations of acceptance for studies (CAS) for your students
- Keep UKVI in the loop with changes regarding the status of your sponsored employees and students, including withdrawal of sponsorship if the situation calls for it
- Inform UKVI of alterations in your circumstances, such as changing the location of your company headquarters.